Welcome to Hong Kong

Welcome to Hong Kong
The View of Victoria's Peak

2011年1月17日 星期一

First Day of Class

My first and also my last class today was the History and Aesthetics of Chinese Cinema.  It first started out by introducing ourselves, all of the international students anyway, and me being a business guy felt a little out of place with all the VCT, journalism, and humanities folk but I still tried to enjoy it somewhat.  Then we tried to find the key word in "History and Aesthetics of Chinese Cinema," Can you guess it? It wasn't Chinese like I had thought, but instead it was the word "and" because we were discussing the relationship between the history and aesthetics of chinese cinema.  We watched a movie about a middle aged working women that cooked and cleaned and did everything for her whole family, even the father-in-law.  But one day after returning from the store, she found her caring, helpful, mother-in-law fainted in the upstairs room.  We then saw a very abled woman go into panic mode and that was the major discussion of the film.  How the camera angles were and how it somehow made us feel more connected like we were simply the bystanders in the movie.  But now the woman has to figure out how to deal with a very rude father-in-law who apparently doesn't remember anybody except for the middle-aged woman and is also very dependant upon her cooking.  He has also lost all common sense and emotions. Good Luck. 

Anyway, during one of the breaks I walked out because I got a text saying they approved all my courses so now I don't have to worry about this one anymore, prolly gonna drop it.  I might pick up an investing class with Greg and Clement (he is french) they said it was easy and it falls in about at the same time, so hopefully there is still some space.

I don't have class tomorrow (tuesday) so I'll prolly hang with Austin and figure some stuff out.  I might sit in on my economics course on Wednesday since that is one I want to take, just so I don't miss anything too important.  So look for a new post to be up then. Peace and much love.

沒有留言:

張貼留言